vision + mission
Vision - Sandhills Lacrosse Association (SLA) aspires to grow youth, high school, collegiate, and adult lacrosse programs in the Sandhills/greater Moore County, NC area whose athletes & supporters are recognized for their scholarship, service, leadership, and achievements in the community, in the classroom, and on the field of competition.
Mission - SLA is a grassroots non-profit charitable & educational organization that organizes, develops, supports, and promotes the growth of the game of lacrosse in the Sandhills.
goals + objectives
- Provide organized, safe, fun, and sustainable youth, high school, collegiate, and adult lacrosse programs for the greater Sandhills community.
- Develop leaders of all ages through civic and athletic endeavors while emphasizing the importance of character and community service.
- Honor the game by instilling values of sportsmanship and integrity in an environment that places team accomplishments above personal achievement.
- Maintain a relentless pursuit of the following objectives:
- Actively support existing youth lacrosse programs in the Moore County/Sandhills region beginning in Spring 2018.
- Plant school sanctioned Club teams at underserved Moore County/Sandhills region Middle & High Schools beginning in the Academic Year (AY) 18-19 lacrosse season.
- Field Varsity teams at underserved Sandhills region High Schools beginning in the AY 19-20 lacrosse season.
- Plant school sanctioned intramural and club teams at Sandhills Community College beginning in the AY 20-21 lacrosse season.
- Plant adult post-secondary/post-collegiate club teams in villages & towns throughout the Sandhills and begin county "rec league" play in Spring 2020.
board of directors
SLA's Board of Directors is tasked with overseeing & shepherding the association, executing its charter [vision, mission, values, goals, bylaws, etc...], maintaining its non-profit status, and implementing its strategic plan/narrative in order support the growth & sustainability of strong lacrosse programs in the Sandhills well into the future.
2018 SLA Directors
President + Chairman of the Board
Mr. Tim Ripley
President Elect + Vice Chairman
Mr. Carlson Chow
Past President + Principal Advisor to the Board
Mr. Tim VenJohn
Director of Ops, Plans, Programs, & Resources + Secretary-Treasurer
Mr. Jamie Moses
Men's Program Director
Mr. Jason Friedman
Women's Program Director
Mrs. Leslie Brians